cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ex Shell customer

Nitram23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Recently been automatically transferred to TalkTalk from Shell Energy in what I was told would be a "seamless transfer" and that I wouldn't have to do anything. A few weeks after the transfer, I get an accusatory email saying that as I haven't paid the monthly direct debit, I've been charged an additional £12.50! Several hours later I get a text, saying that it was due to a technical issue and that the additional charge would not be implemented. There was a sort of apology for the inconvenience but it was more than that, it was an outright accusation of non-payment. Any other ex-Shell customers get this? I still don't know what's going on. Contract out soon, thankfully.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

HI Nitram23

Sorry for the delay.

I can see that our Community Star @fr8ys has pointed you in the right direction.

My colleague Arne has pinned this post on the Community with more information - Ex Shell customers Direct Debit issue - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you search this forum and look at the pinned post you will see this happened to a number of customers.

You won't be charged the £12.50

An unfortunate set of circumstances meant your account was transferred before the direct debit was fully in place. Because of this it triggered the email you received.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).