cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Moving home

Dorishall
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi there can anyone help me I’m moving house and wondering if I can take my router and broadband to my new address or will I need to cancel and start a new account?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

@CritobelBrown, sorry to hear about this situation for your mother, but posting as above was absolutely NOT the way to safely sort this.

There are forum rules which stipulate that you must NEVER post personal information details on the open forum pages. 

You are also advised to start your own topic, not use another customer's thread, particularly for issues specific to the account.

It may not be possible to keep her phone number if the move has happened already, or was any of it done at all through the home move team? They normally need a minimum of a fortnight's notice. 

Please go to the billing section of the forum (via help with your service in the forum menu) and click on start a topic.

Spell out exactly what happened and the sequence of events, but put personal information details in the customer profile area.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu choose Personal Information. 

Your OWN details should be here.

Add all the details on your mother's behalf in Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

There may be problems with all this if you have not got Power of Attorney  or are not a Nominated User. 

Staff will advise when they reach your new post. If it's not reached today, it will be after the weekend. Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

CritobelBrown
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 4

My mother (Cristobel Brown) has dementia and has moved home. She left her existing address of, XXXXXX REMOVED on Wed 6th March and has moved to: XXXXXXX REMOVED  I need to close the phone at her previous address and switch it to their new address. (Her old phone number was: XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS).

I have tried to update the move on your website and I keep being locked out when I get to the final part. Please can somebody help me, this is very urgent as they are in a new area and have no phone or internet. I am sorry it wasn't sorted sooner, but I was unawhere of how bad her condition was.

My name is Simon Cox and my UK mobile number is XXXXXX

Many thanks.

Simon

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Plug Home Move into the forum search engine and take it from there, @Dorishall.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.