cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TALK TALK Accounts would not accept my payament on due date. Charged £12.50 for being 1 day late!

RoyKR
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Billing.  Was unable to pay the September bill on due date because TALK TALK Accounts was faulty and would not accept payment .

I immediately sent TALK TALK this e-mail below:-
To:​concerns@talktalkplc.com​

Fri 20/09/2024 14:09

Had phone text to say my bill was due to be paid today, but after 10 minutes unable to pay via TALK TALK accounts.  Will try again tomorrow!

Frustrated customer

When will Credit Card recurring payment be available again? This Monthly payment is becoming a chore! 

The next day the TALK TALK accounts system had been resolved and I was able to pay the bill.

Today 17/10/24,  I look at my e-mails and the TALKTALK bill has an additional charge of £12.50 for being 1 day late in payment. Obviously sending my e-mail was a waste of time as no person at TALK TALK took the trouble to read it.

After ½ an hour finally got through to customer service where I was helpfully refunded the £12.50.

My account is still showing “RECURRING CARD PAYMENT” which is what I agreed too, BUT which was lost by TALK TALK around August time this year. WHEN IS TALK TALK GOING TO REINSTATE THIS METHOD OF PAYMENT!  I do not like Direct Debit option with a company that has so many difficulties with its digital accounts system; a decimal point in the wrong direction and the bill is in HUNDREDS of £'s.

RoyKR

Frustrated customer.

Roy Riches
3 REPLIES 3

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

It wasn't your fault that you weren't able to make the payment on the due date @RoyKR , but the late payment charge will have simply been added automatically by the billing system, without taking into account the circumstances of why the payment was late.

It may have been better to contact customer service by phone or live chat in the first place rather then the "concerns" email address, but to be honest, I'm not sure if they could stop the charge or even see if there was a pending charge anyway  - They may still have said they would need to wait until a charge was added to your account before raising a credit to cancel it out, as they have now done for you.

I've been with TalkTalk many years now and I've never had any issues with my DD payments. My bill is produced on the first of every month and the correct payment is taken about 7 to 10 days later.

If TalkTalk did somehow manage to make an error and request the wrong amount by DD, I would have thought that they could accidentally request a wrong amount be card payment just as easily, so I'm not sure why you think a recurring card payment method is better/safer.

It may sound like stating the obvious, but since it looks like you're going to have to continue paying your bills manually during this transition period, you may want to think about paying a few days before the due date just in case there are issues with the billing system on that day as you encountered last month. I know that if it were me, I'd never have the nerve to hold out until the very last due day.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@RoyKR, the problems with recurring card payments will continue until you are told otherwise. 

They updated the ways to pay article (use the search engine) as follows:

1000005556.jpg

Glad to hear that you got the "late payment" charge refunded.

You will receive an email to notify you when/if recurring card payments resume. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate this billing problem for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes