cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Unexpected monthly charge

Fototony
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I have recently been migrated over from Shell energy on fibre 65 broadband.
To cut a long story short my landlord decided to sell the property I was renting therefore I have had to find a new place to rent therefore had to set up change of address.
I am paying £26.59 per month but wanted to come out of the contract which expires in Aug 25 but couldn't do it without penalty charges which was around £138.
I had to set up a new 18 month contract which was quoted £27 per month (only a slight increase) but had a shock when I received a confirmation email saying my monthly cost is £33 per month.

So far my experience with TalkTalk is not good.

I cannot seem to get any answers as having a conversation with somebody is neon impossible even trying to get connected via their online chat.

I sent an email a couple of days ago and still had no response.

I find it really unfair that companies like this can charge you a penalty for coming out of contract early particularly when I had no choice in the matter but they can start a new contract with you which means you're forced to stay with them longer.

2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, have you been able to log into your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Can you see all the details of your bill in My Account, @Fototony?

Check whether they have automatically added Supersafe. It's £6.00. It's security software. It can be removed if you don't want it.

Penalty charges are explained in the Ts&Cs  - but basically we pay discounted fees per month while in contract. So Talktalk simply claws back some of that discount if we leave early.  

I'll move this to the billing section for you, as it's not a problem with your service. Staff will be able to check the details of your new contract for you.

They reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes