cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

2.4Ghz

slaw99
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have an eero6 router. I need to set the NaimMu-soQB streaming device to use 2.4ghz. This I achieve by pausing the 5ghz connection. The QB then connects to the 2.4Gz but then falls back to 5ghz as soon as the 10 minutes pause time elapses.

Please advise is there a way to force the QB to stay on the 2.4ghz connection.

Rgds

Simon

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Well the AP disagrees with you.

Why does it need to be on the 2.4GHz band anyway,, unless it is a range issue, the 5GHz band allows for the fastest speed. You may be anle to disable Band Steering in the Eero App, I don't know. However, if you can this is likely to adversely affect the performance of the rest of your 5GHz capable devices.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

I get that but I don't want the QB on the 5GHZ connection as it requires 2.4GHz to function correctly with other NAIM multi-room devices.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Not knowing this device at all, it is only a network adapter at the end of the day as far as any router is concerned. The Band Steering feature of most WiFi APs is there to move any 5GHz capable device to the 5GHz band, to improve network performance.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes