cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Access to VPN stopped working

ClaireHayden
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Ive been working from home for over 2 years and not had any VPN issues until this morning.

Our tech guys have done all the checks and no issue their end. I can also connect to the VPN by tethering from both my personal and work mobiles so clearly not a VPN issue.

Live chatted with someone this morning who claimed it wasnt a TTB issue, despite our IT team saying this is a know TTB issue. After this, they found an issue with a sped connection profile and asked I did a 20 minute power down (actually left it longer) and have restarted but still cant access the VPN.

This needs resolving ASAP please as I cant keep using a mobile hotspot

Thanks

C Hayden
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Claire

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie - this seems to have worked, I am now connected to my work VPN via my TTB wifi connection. Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

C Hayden

Message 3 of 9

Hi Claire

Thank you. The firmware has now updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Message 4 of 9

no problem

C Hayden

Message 5 of 9

Hi Claire

Thank you. Will it be ok if we update the router firmware now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Done now

C Hayden

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

If you have the Sagemcom, then the last residential version of firmware (I assume from what you say you are a TT Business customer), broke VPN for some VPN clients (notably the Windows inbuilt VPN client). There is a firmware release that can be applied to residential routers to fix this. However, the TalkTalk support staff in this forum do not have access to TTB customers' routers & the firmware would be slightly different anyway.

All I can suggest is that you take this up with TalkTalk Business.

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home

Thank you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Claire

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes