cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Issues

Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Need help please resolving an issue with my broadband.

Connection has been dropping for hours/days at a time for the past two weeks. Multiple faults raised. Engineer from Openreach visited an "fixed" issue between home and exchange on Monday last week. Connection has been lost on 4 occasions since, including being completely down now. 

Current fault says to contact TalkTalk yet Contact link which supposedly opens live chat is completely broken and clearly shows errors in the Google diagnostic tool stating the button is broken. Currently on hold again to Talktalk over the phone. Previous attempt this morning, the contact person ended the call after being  on to them for 32 minutes and whilst they were apparently testing the line, despite me telling them multiple times I had already done this and this was the reason for my call. Person did not even attempt to resurrect the call despite having my mobile number to do so.

Need help to resolve as this is driving me insane now and is affecting my ability to work massively.

Thanks,.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi 30057451

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

I have replied to the PM. How do I know when the engineer visit will be?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi 30057451

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Send one if you like but I would like to arrange a visit please as I need to resolve this problem asap as it is stopping me from being able to work.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi 30057451

Openreach don't provide a new router, this would be something I can send out.

If you would like to go ahead and arrange the visit, then I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

If the fault is outside the property, I am not sure how a new router would solve the issue? Think it would be better to send an OpenReach engineer, with a new router if necessary?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi 30057451

Would you like me to send a router first so we can rule this out?

The next step will be another Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

No. The openreach engineer who attended (very briefly) said the issue was outside the property and he apparently fixed the connection coming into the property. No replacement parts have been sent. They are only 6 months old.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi 30057451

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

I've done this now, thank you.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi 30057451

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes