cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband is intermittent

yz1992
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I am now 21 days into my Fibre 65 deal at a new property. We have already had an engineer out to check the lines. Unfortunately, the wifi signal remains intermittent. The connection from various appliances such as smart speakers often cuts out at several points during the day. My speed test results are normal. My router is 5 years old.

Can someone offer any suggestions?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Yuhao,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your telephone service. Line test is passing, is the line completely dead, no dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for arranging for the router to be sent. I can confirm that I have received it and the internet is much more stable since. It has made a massive positive difference. 

I have another unresolved issue that I hope you can help me with. Since being in my new property, the TalkTalk phone line has never worked. When the engineer came round at the beginning of the contract, he said that TalkTalk will be sending someone to look into it. When I speak to TalkTalk over the phone, all I get are profuse scripted apologies with no real solution. I was hoping you could arrange for a TalkTalk engineer to assess my phone line please?

Kind Regards

Yuhao

PS. Debbie, you have single-handedly been more helpful than 20 months of calling the TalkTalk Helpline. Thanks for being so efficient!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi yz1992

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi yz1992

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests are clear so I have ordered you a replacement router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @yz1992, so it will be in the queue for attention from staff. 

It's been a while!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Debbie,

Yes, this is still an ongoing issue. I have added my TT number to my profile. Please could you help?

Thanks

Message 7 of 9

Hi yz1992

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi yz1992

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes