cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Work VPN IP Address Conflict

Marlow
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi

I have been informed that the 192.168.1  IP address is the same as my office and is preventing a VPN  connection due to conflict.  Would it be possible to make a change to this please?

Thanks in advance

Mark

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Thanks martswain, I did a bit more research and found how to do this. I have made the changes suggested but still didn't sort my VPN issue so I have now put this back to my IT guys for them to take another look.

For reference - Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub> Lan IPV4

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

You can change your local address and IP address range in the router settings, it is not something that TT will do remotely for you.

Also, do check the router firewall settings, the default is "medium" and some recent firmware updates have set it to "high" which has caused VPN issues.

Message 3 of 17

So it seems!  That's why I contacted them in the first place as I couldn't find any option to change this, not something I have had an issue with in the past 🙄

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 17

Presumably that is the Sagemcom router? Thank god I refused one as I need to do that. I can certainly change it on the Huawei router I have from you, the Plusnet router that just arrived and every other router I have ever had. It's a basic requirement to be able to change the LAN network address.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Marlow

We are unable to change that sorry. Have your IT department suggested any other changes that they can make?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie

I gave it an hour, still no joy I'm afraid

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Debbie

I did try that yesterday but didn't help, I will try again soon and let you know if it helps, but I don't think this changes the the 192.168.1 part, only the host IP at the end.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Marlow

Ok, thanks for testing.

If you power down the router for a full 30 minutes then this may issue a new IP address as it will start a new session.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Debbie

I have tried again but it seems the same issue persists.  I am unable to access or even ping the office server, with the Windows message 'Windows cannot access \\........' .  The IT engineer was pretty adamant that the issue was with the same default gateway and even tried a split tunnel which also didn't work.

Is it not possible to change the existing network ID IP address as he said he has had to do this before?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Marlow

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Marlow

Thanks for confirming this. The team are attempting to update your router firmware now.

Debbie

Message 12 of 17

Hi Debbie

Yes its ready when you are, I will just leave on until you are done.

Message 13 of 17

Hi Marlow

Is the router still powered up at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Marlow

Thank you. I will ask the team to push the update to your router and I will post back here to confirm once the firmware update has been completed.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie

Yes that's fine, thanks very much.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Mark

This could be related to a firmware issue. I can ask our Devices Team to update your firmware, will this be ok?

We advise to leave the router powered up without being rebooted.

0 Likes