cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband not working

Tommyfrench
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

My broadband has been down for 5 days. What is the time frame for fixing problems?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Tommy,

I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 2 of 14

Can you go ahead with the engineer visit. either morning or afternoon suits as i live just 5 mins form work.

mobile number [removed]. i accept the potential engineer charges.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

OK, if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Yes please. I went home to double check and the phone is working ok. The lights were on the router were off and I unplugged it and plugged back in and I just have flashing orange light again.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Yes it seems to be working fine

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Tommy,

Is your telephone service working OK, is there a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Yes the router is plugged in and switched on

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Both the line tests are clear, however it's indicating that the router is powered down. Is the router currently connected and switched on at the moment please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thankyou

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Ok, if the fault is out on the external network then the standard response time for Openreach to investigate a fault is 2 to 3 working days (for residential faults). Hopefully the support team here will be able to check tomorrow to see if there are any progress updates.

0 Likes

Tommyfrench
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

The broadband went down on Friday. Tried switching off for an hour and on again. I have also tried the test socket, but not working with it either. I just have a flashing orange light on the router. I reported it using the online tool and was messaging someone on Monday.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Tommyfrench,

Have you reported the problem ?, if so how did you report it ?

What exactly is the problem, what light(s) are showing on the router ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes