cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed dropping over time

PabloGilberto
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi - my internet connection has been rock solid at 40mb since the last fix by an engineer at the cabinet.  Since end of March nothing changed inside house but speed is dropping to around 36Mb (seems to be trending down) are you aware of any issues in the area / anything you can see from your end?

Pablo

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Pablo

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see how the connection compares?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk  - I've had to reboot the router more recently around once a week - no more than that over previous few weeks... there are certain devices that seem to get stuck (laptops) and can't get back on - only resolved by a reboot of the router.

Having said that, I think i may have had a couple of internet drops in the last week (one yesterday i remember) - so definitely experiencing real drops too.

Thanks, Pablo

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Pablo

Sorry for the delay.

There are a high number of re connections showing and this will affect the speed.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Pablo

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm experiencing some issues running a line test at the moment. I will keep trying this and I will post back on this thread once I have the line test results.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes