cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot Connect to VPN

Message 8 of 8

Hi there, 

I’m having issues connecting to my office VPN from home using my talktalk WiFi. My IT company suggested it could be an issue with talktalk as this is quite common. 

thanks! 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

HI Jade

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle, 

I have powered down the router for 30 minutes although still have the same issue. 

Thanks, 

Jade

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Jade,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the VPN again please as this will reset the current session. Could you let us know if there is any change following this please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Michelle,

I currently do not have a landline phone so cannot comment on the voice service. Internet connection is absolutely fine, no issues other than the VPN.

I am trying to connect wireless, I have attached a photo of the message that shows. The VPN has worked before, it was actually working fine yesterday which seems strange. I’m not sure what the VPN client is as it was set up by my company’s IT. 

Thanks, 

Jade

IMG_8127.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Jade,

Thank you. I've checked and your router currently has the latest version of firmware which should work fine with VPN. I've also run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Is your voice service ok with a clear dial tone? Are you experiencing any other issues with your connection at the moment and are you able to connect ok at the moment?

Are you trying to connect to your VPN when connected wired or wireless? What happens when you can't connect? Do you see any specific error messages? Which VPN client are you using? Has the VPN ever worked?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for your reply, info has been updated.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Jade,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes