cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Company VPN connection issues following Firmware update

osylvesto
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I'm Having issues with my VPN at home, it has been working fine until today where it would appear that ive had a firmware update to SG4K100130 and now it wont connect

My IT department have investigated and confirmed that they have had similar reports for other users with TalkTalk as the provider, and confirmed that they resolved the issue by updating the Firmware to another version and is supported by a number of Community threads including one by one of our users

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Company-VPN-Connection-issues-Folloing-firmware-upgrad... 

the suggested Firmware update that fixed this issue was SG4K10002828t however When this was applied to my colleagues router it subsequently bricked the device and @Debbie-TalkTalk  was then unable to access this device

the only way to resolve this issue in the end was to send a Howie wifi Blck router which appears to have been preloaded with correct working Firmware

Can someone please look to help me get this device sent out as i cannot work currently

the VPN Type is PPTP and could well be what's been blocked as have this across other providers (Virgin, BT) in the past

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi osylvesto

Apologies for this.

We will need to make a change to your firmware version, when would be the best time for us to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Please can you also add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and sort it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?