cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Company VPN Connection issues Folloing firmware upgrade

StaceyMaude
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I'm Having issues with my VPN at home, it has been working fine until 23/03/2022 where it would appear that ive had a firmware update to SG4K100130 and now it wont connect

My IT department have investigated and confirmed that they have had similar reports for other users with TalkTalk as the provider, and confirmed that they resolved the issue by updating the Firmware to another version and is supported by a number of Community threads including one by one of our users

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/broadband/unable-to-access-company-VPN/td-p/2854424

ive spent several hours on the phone to customer support who continue to push me towards port forwarding, have sent me a new router (of the same Sagecom type) and that Firmware updates are automatic with now way to manually update (Despite @Debbie-TalkTalk on the support team managing it on another post) and now suggesting another router (wifi Hub Black) - i cant afford to wait another few days to 'maybe' fix the issue that way

the suggested Firmware update that fixed this issue was SG4K10002828t and i need someone to assist me in applying this or equivalent

the  VPN Type is PPTP and could well be what's been blocked as have this across other providers (Virgin, BT) in the past

stacey hudson
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Just checking in to see if the replacement router has arrived?

Thanks

Message 2 of 9

Hi Stacey

I'm now unable to connect to your router, apologies for this.

The Huawei WIFI hub is already on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

StaceyMaude
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Debbie please can you contact me? i am no further forward

stacey hudson
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Stacey

I'm now unable to connect to your router, apologies for this.

The Huawei WIFI hub is already on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Stacey

Just to confirm, you haven't rebooted the router have you?

The firmware is still updating at the moment but we need the router to be left switched on.

0 Likes

StaceyMaude
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Yes this is fine, will log back in and check  / confirm  when its come back online

stacey hudson

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Stacey

Apologies for this.

I can try the firmware update now.  Will this be ok? (the router will reboot)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes