cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Switched to Fibre 65, speed is lower than Fibre 35

Mysteriomonkie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I switched to this a few weeks ago. At first I was getting 42mbps, now back down to 35mbps. It's not my router and it's nothing to do with the line going into the house. There has been a lot of tinkering by openreach in my town recently. While I don't expect to get the 65mbps, I do expect not to go down from achievable speeds while being charged more. That extra 6mbps I got, initially, made a big difference and I'd like it back. I'm a former fibre optic engineer, it's obviously a box problem. I can live with the lower speed, it's not the end of the world, but if you could flag it up for me with the powers that be that would be great. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Mysteriomonkie

Your line is in sync at 45.9mb.

Did you run a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

No, it made no difference. Having had higher speeds it shouldn't be throttled down to slightly lower than the original speeds. I may as well be on the cheaper deal if that's what's going to be done. I thought this would be better.....and it was a bit better, for about a week

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Mysteriomonkie your post has been escalated 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.