cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Constant drop of broadband connection still not fixed.

manibae
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

I contacted your tech support a couple of months ago for the same issue. At that time I was told the disconnection shouldn't happen again. 

The connection improved only for a week after the contact but I am still experiencing the same constant connection dropping, and it has become worse than before.

As I am working from home as a web developer, this is unbearable and impossible to the point I have to use my phone's 4G connection most of the time. 

Could you explain why this keeps happening? 

Would it be possible to end the contract based on the poor service without the early termination fee? 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi manibae

Skynet_TX and Gliwmaeden2 have both posted the contact details for our Loyalty Team in their posts.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 21

You can contact the loyalty team on 0345 172 0088. You may have to listen to some recorded messages, but when you are asked what you want just ask for the 'loyalty team'

Message 3 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

Could you let me know how to contact the Loyalty Team?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

Could you let me know how to contact the Loyalty Team? 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi manibae

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Have you spoken to our Loyalty Team?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 21

You would need to discuss this with Talktalk directly, @manibae, as cancellations cannot be done through the forum.

They are not open on Sundays. 

Open from 9am Monday to Saturday. 

03451 720088

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

I've received the router and been using it since. 

However it only worked okay for a week, and the same problems keep happening again. 

The connection is constantly getting dropped, becoming too slow, and it's impossible for me to keep using it. 

Could you please let me end the contract without the early termination fee based on the unusable service? 

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Hi manibae

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 21

Okay. Yes please. Thanks. 

Message 10 of 21

Morning,

Ok, are you happy for us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Message 11 of 21

Yes, it happens wired too. I think I went through all these check-ups with the tech support when I contacted them last time. 

I do not own any other router? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Does the connection also drop if you connect wired? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Hi Michelle, 

It happens very randomly any time of the day. 

When I try to load a webpage, sometimes the broadband is connected and webpages load okay, but sometimes the connection is dropped and I can't load webpages. It seems if I wait for 5 - 10 mins, it connects again? 

So I have to say it happens several times a day randomly any time of the day. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've checked the connection stats and I can see 1 re-connection a day which appears to be DLM adjusting the profile. How often would you say that the connection is dropping at the moment please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

The connection is still dropping and very slow. As you can see there's nothing that blocks the router in front of it. 

I am just using the one TalkTalk sent to me.  See the image below. talktalk-modem.jpg

Thank you for looking into this. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi manibae

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test is clear - No faults detected.

I have also reset the data port and optimised your connection. Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi, 

We've gone through all the check points with the tech support when I contacted them last time. 

I don't think the problem is coming from the router or its settings. Not sure what though. 

Thanks for your reply and the helpful advice. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi Debbie, 

My name and the landline no. added to my profile.

Please look into this ASAP. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hi manibae

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Hi @manibae,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.