cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Engineer never shows up

XHan123
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I don't know where else to turn. It's been 5 days since my internet went down, with multiple promised engineer visits and nobody ever shows up.

Yesterday I spent an hour and twenty minutes chatting with an agent who promised they'd booked an engineer. I immediately chatted with another agent to check - and they hadn't booked it. What's going on? It feels like as soon as the chat is closed that's where the accountability ends with talktalk. I've lost count of how many chats I've had. 

I've had to resort to spending a huge amount of money on a WiFi dongle to be able to continue working, as I work from home. It's not feasible for me to be on chat/phone with agents for four hours a day. It's not sustainable.

Who do I need to speak to to get this fixed?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi XHan123

Openreach are asking us to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Michelle - I can confirm I've done that.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

ok, one of the support team here will hopefully be able to pick this up early tomorrow and get this looked into properly for you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks - so far you've been much more helpful and clear than the actual talktalk staff!

All of what you've mentioned has already been done. I have two fault cases - one of which they closed after an "engineer visit" but as mentioned previously, nobody has been yet. The other one is just "in progress" but I have no idea what that means, or if/when I will hear back next. 

The purpose of this post is to try and get an alternative channel of communication open, because the chat support is doing absolutely zero to help and I'm on the verge of cancelling even though there's a problem with the line. Never in my life have I witnessed such abysmal customer service

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

The actual TalkTalk support staff are only on this community during UK working hours, but there are a group of us known as 'Community Stars' who will try to help out whenever we are online. We are just customers like yourself, but we try to help where we can.

The support team will be able to run some tests on your connection to try to determine where the fault is (i.e. on the external phone line, or more likely to be in your property).

The chat Agents may have already asked you to try these things, but just in case they haven't .......

If your service comes down a phone line, and your master phone socket has a test socket inside it, then you could try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi! Strange, the community team is advertised as being 24/7 but I imagine that can't be trusted either!!!

The router has been flashing steady orange since Friday morning.

No internet connection whatsoever. The chat team have stated I need an engineer to come and take a look at it. Every day there's more empty promises and I am really at the end of my rope.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @XHan123,

The support team here on the community will be back tomorrow, and they should be able to look into this for you.

Can you clarify exactly what problem you have (just in case the details have not been captured accurately by the chat agents you have talked to), i.e. has the router completely lost connection to the internet, if so what light(s) are showing on the router. Do you have a landline phone, if so, is that working ?

0 Likes