cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ethernet ports on new router not working

seanwhyte
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I've recently switched to TalkTalk and an engineer installed our new router. The Wifi works fine to connect to the internet, and we get good speeds. Only one of the ethernet ports works, though; one of the others works intermittently for a few minutes at a time.

It's definitely the ports: the devices (TV, set top box etc.) work fine plugged into our old router; and they start working if I switch the cables around to the working port on the TalkTalk router. 

I've seen on the community that this is a problem a number of other people have experienced. I've tried the suggestions on other posts, including rebooting the router, leaving it off for a while before rebooting, and factory resetting it. These don't make any difference.

What do I need to do to get it working?

Sean

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

Message 2 of 6

Yes please, Chris, that would be great. Thank you.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Sean,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your router. We can send a replacement, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

Message 4 of 6

Thanks, Skynet_TX. I'll wait to hear from them. Cheers, Sean

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @seanwhyte,

Likely a faulty router, the staff here will be back on Monday, so when they pick this post up they will be able to help. If they think it is a faulty router they will be able to arrange a replacement for you.

0 Likes