cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

False positives, fake speeds & chewy pasta

mysophobe
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

So Live Chat doesn't work, fault tests think everything is fine. You can't view ongoing previous issues because it doesn't load.
Router reports 21MB speed but every speed test reports 8MB or less (Wired and no other devices on the network)
Coincides with Fibre installers nearby about to get to my house and finding a blockage in the underground cabling, where my copper line goes....
I can't wait to change provider! faster speeds and just as little tech support outsourced to the "community"
Booming population and "short staffed" on tech support too,  that's a laugh.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi mysophobe,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing and sync speed is 21.5Mbps. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The point about posting on the community is to share the issue so that others can follow the thread and understand any possible resolution. 

The whole point of having a user name is that you remain anonymous. 

Only staff can view information in your profile. Private information is always kept precisely private. 

Detailing the type of router is not a privacy issue, and nor is saying whether you are on Fast Broadband  / Fibre35  / Fibre65  / Full Fibre65....etc, but would save time when staff reach your thread, @mysophobe.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mysophobe
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I'm not discussing a private contract with the public.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@mysophobe, please just follow up on this thread, rather than starting another for the same issue. 

Staff are not on here much after 4pm, Monday to Friday, but open early, so check in after 7am and look out for a response during the day. 

They should be able to help diagnose why the throughput speed is poor, despite it being fine to the router. Sometimes it is a simple matter of swapping the router. 

Which router do you currently have, and what package are you on?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes