cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Upgrade options

PhilipM94
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Recently I had a TalkTalk agent at the door talking to me about upgrading to full fibre. I wasn't able to really chat with him for long as I was just leaving the house. I told him I had FTTP installed last year, but I hadn't upgraded to a Full Fibre package or really looked at my options, but I would look into it since he had brought it up and when I had time.

Well I've had the chance to look my package, which is Fibre 65 VoIP. I have also looked at my upgrade options and when I do it through the dashboard, the only option I have is Full Fibre 65. I was under the impression that I would be able to upgrade to Full Fibre 500 or 900 now that I had FTTP.

Is there a reason why I can't upgrade to Full Fibre 500/900? Or do I have to "Upgrade" to Full Fibre 65 first before I get the chance to upgrade to one of the faster options?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

PhilipM94
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

I have now managed to chat with an agent through the dashboard. 

I have successfully upgraded my package to Full Fibre 500.

So this thread has been resolved

PhilipM94
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

I believe I have update my details on my profile to include my name and account number @Arne-TalkTalk

I hope what I added was enough info for this to get looked into.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @PhilipM94

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

If you are using the ONT, you are definitely already on Full Fibre, @PhilipM94 .

Phone support is open on Saturday, if that helps with the time, but not Sunday.  Chat is available every day and on weekdays it is supposed to be live till 9pm.

Forum staff can't set up a new deal for you, but they can help troubleshoot. 

In case you need their support,  complete your community forum profile details with your Talktalk phone number in Personal Information, and add your account number in Private Notes, at the end of that section. 

You access the profile area of the forum by going via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu....SAVE CHANGES. 

Only you and professional staff can see that information. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

PhilipM94
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for replying so quickly @Gliwmaeden2

My router is plugged into an ONT at the wall. So I assume from that I should be good to go for the fastest possible speeds. 

I will try chat or the phone the next time I get the chance. But I work late so getting the time for it difficult. Hence why I was going through the dashboard.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you have Fibre65 VOIP, it sounds like you are on Full Fibre with digital voice, @PhilipM94.

Is your router attached to an ONT at the wall, or still at the BT master socket - just to be clear, in case there's some sort of misdescription in your account?

Often an upgrade involves significant downtime  - none of this is as straightforward as simply adding a boost etc to increase speeds with FTTC used to be. 

You are best phoning in or using Chat to discuss your options, rather than going by the offers in My Account. 

Usual number: 03451 720088 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes