cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Faults with upgrade

spartasteve
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am in the middle of an upgrade from 35MBPS to 65MBPS .

Since upgrade has been started My Smart Tv and wifi connected printer drop off the connection .

Would the "stabilisation" period be causing this ?

I have now been on Talktalk chat line several time over the last 3 days with no resolution found.

Any one help ?

PS they are sending me a new Router to see if this solves it but i dont hold out much hope

Steve Brown

Steve Brown
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Thanks for that Steve.

If you log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Navigate through the log until you find the time period that covers each of these two devices trying to connect to the router. Then copy & paste this and send it to me in a PM, to protect your privacy. If you know the MAC addresses of the TV & Printer, that would help me a lot.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

spartasteve
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Sagemcom-Fast5364 Router.

Smart TV has error message "unable to connect to Internet."

WIFI Printer connected lamp is not lit.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Steve Brown
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

No, that won't be causing your Wi-Fi problems. To allow me to diagnose & fix this issue, please can you elaborate a bit:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. Do you get any error messages on these devices when they won't connect & if so, what are they exactly?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes