cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Fibre Broadband Activation - Contact Issues

JamesyD1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

What is the best way to contact Talk Talk about a new Fibre installation that has not been fully completed?

The issue I have is that although a BT Openreach engineer completed all his tasks at my house, he was unable to get the service working - because some connection at the fibre network exchange/splitter has not been done correctly on their end. I was told that it would be sorted out first thing today but it has not.

Contacting Talk Talk on anything specific such as this is completely frustrating for many of the 'usual' reasons: call centre staff with poor English, too much focus on verifying my account etc, sitting holding for far too long whilst staff try to contact Openreach and find out what is going on. There really must be a more efficient and effective, rapid means of contacting TalkTalk/BT Openreach about these issues - and especially when it is a new installation.

In general, TalkTalk customer service is woeful on all the basic things that should be simple to get right:  a telephone number with a real human that speaks English natively. A much quicker account verifiaction procedure that does not ask all the same questions that you already answered when first dialling-in ... etc etc.

Above all, specific contact points/phone numbers for specific types of issues so that we don't have to suffer the ridiculously long and painful process of being funnelled through the same Customer Service contact centre every time for every issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @JamesyD1 

Thanks for your reply.

It could be resolved before this date and we will keep you updated as soon as we have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks very much Debbie. I know its out of TT control but such a shame that the engineer did all his work yesterday really neatly and quickly yet the service doesn't work and probably just needs a couple of key strokes at Openreach to assign the network connection to my ONT. Can't see how that takes more than a couple of minutes - not 7 days. But I guess the 7 days is probably waiting/queue time.

Message 3 of 6

Hi @JamesyD1 

Thanks for adding your details.

I have spoken to our order management team and they have advised that the order has been delayed. Openreach have said that the build is correct but the light is not reflecting at the ONT (FTTP box inside the property)  and this needs to be resolved by Openreach to get the order progressed.

This has been escalated to the relevant team to resolve and the next update is due on 06/10. I'm so sorry for the delays.

I will keep checking for additional updates for you and I will post back on this thread.

0 Likes

JamesyD1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Debbie. Those details should have linked when setting up my forum profile - but obviously that doesn't work. I can't see any field for talkTalk A/C number - but you can work off phone numbers right?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @JamesyD1 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk account number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes