cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

High packet loss

Boothen
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

I've been having issues with high packet loss over the course of a month now but it has now gotten to the stage where websites no longer load. Restarting the router for 30 minutes occasionally works but it is hit and miss. I've run some ping tests and done some tests with pingplotter (basically tracert). These tests were done whilst wired and connected into the test socket. I've also attached the router device status page talktalkrouter.pngpingedge.pngpinggoogle.pngpingplotteredge.pngpingplottergoogle.png

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Boothen
Participant
Private Message
Message 21 of 23

Thanks for looking into this. As you say everything looks okay on the router itself but over wired/wireless the packet loss is very high. It doesn't seem time related, currently it's been like this for about 20 hours now. Unfortunately I don't have another router to test with though

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 23

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats also look ok. Does this happen at certain times of the day or at any time? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes