cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Intermittent disconnection of broadband

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Just started this morning, the internet connection repeatedly gets disconnected/connected

Tried turning the router off/on, still the same.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Could you just see how it goes over the next couple of days. Hopefully your speed will improve.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Thanks for that.

Interesting that I've done absolutely nothing inside my home, but I did notice a Trooli guy fiddling in the terminal box at the end of my close on my out this morning...

Speed is down to 45mbps from 54mbps though.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Qwghlm,

I've just run a line test and it is now passing 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Of course it's OK.

I did tell him the test detected an external fault, but he just said everything was OK externally.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for the update. The line test did detect a potential external line fault. I'll re-run the line test again in a few hours (once the fault has been passed back) and will post the result back here if that's ok?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Openreach has just been and he says the fault is internal, which unfortunately I do not believe.

The connection hasn't dropped out at all last night or this morning so I will monitor it.

If it drops out again I will run a new temporary line to the router and go from there.

The reason I have my doubts is that over the past 15 years and it must be about 50 times Openreach have been out to sort the problem, it's always been external, never internal.

First time for everything I suppose, but we'll see.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should know more hopefully this afternoon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

No problem 🙂 I should hopefully have an update for you in the morning, unless Openreach resolve the fault first.

Michelle

Message 10 of 14

Excellent, thank you very much.

I've received a confirmation message from Openreach as well.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. As the line test is still detecting a potential external line fault, I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. We'll check the fault first thing in the morning to see if we've received an update back and will post here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

No noise on the voice, and the router is not plugged into the test socket.

PC connected by cable to the router in a different room, the test socket is in the hallway near the front door.

Nothing has changes internally, (this normally happens when Openreach are sorting out another problem on another line somewhere).

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which has detected a potential fault. Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any noise on the voice service? Is your router also connected to the test socket?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes