cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet access

davidbanks
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I am having problems connecting to the internet. The router keeps on getting stuck on solid amber. The only way I can connect is by unscrewing the phone socket and plugging into the test socket. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions about how to connect normally?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 7

Hi david,

Thanks for the update. If the faceplate is now working ok again then it could possibly have been a loose connection. Please let us know how you get on over the next few days.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 3 of 7

My computer   - ethernet, works computer - wifi. nothing else using the internet. i'll try another socket plate. it's been working with no problems today; I'm wondering if it was one of those cases of it just went mad for a while, then went b ack to normal.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Morning,

If the connection is working at the test socket then this would indicate possible faulty internal wiring or faceplate which is not classed as Openreach maintained equipment. I can see that our members have offered advice on this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

That means that the faceplate of the master socket is faulty. You will need to buy another one yourself as that is your responsibility. Be careful though, if you have the NTE5C, as only faceplates for the NTE5C will fit, no others will. You also cannot fit an NTE5C faceplate to any older master socket.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If there's no problem when it's in the test socket, the issue may be with wiring on your side of the master socket. 

Are you testing the router with a  computer connected by ethernet or wifi?

Other devices?

I'll move this to the broadband message board. Support staff will be back on here from Monday  @davidbanks.

You'll need to add your Talktalk phone number  / account number in Personal Information in the profile area for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu...Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

[Am having trouble moving the thread from the lounge area just now!]

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes