cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet disconnected 10 times today - help.

AbjectBlitz
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello Support,

Today the internet has dropped out around 10 times which is certainly out of the ordinary.

I've checked all cabling which is good, the router logs are showing the following:

Line check not showing anything, RG14 area - Newbury.

TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has been closed

Serial NumberHardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI VersionSystem Up TimeMAC Address

N7200154N000388
FAST5364 3.00
SG4K100136
13d 11h10m49s
48:D2:4F:09:86:05

Please let me know if you need any further info?.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hello,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Is there any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket also have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @AbjectBlitz,

What does the LED on the router do when you lose connection (just wanted to double check that it was actually dropping its connection, as the 'uptime' in your details above is showing 13 days, but not sure if that model of router resets the uptime when the connection drops, or just when the router is power cycled).

If the white LED does go out, then flash white then amber/white, then if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket inside it, then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes