cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet dropping out

magenpie48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Internet keeps dropping out intermittently (several times daily) over last 5-6 days. TT live test indicates poor speeds when actually connected, max about 20Mbps, usually less than 10Mbps.  Have tried two routers and changed filters and connected through house main inlet socket all to no avail.  Incidently phoneline very crackly.  Have tried to start Chat but dropped out part way through!

Any chance of some hel, please?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

magenpie48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Thanks to all!  I await results.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi magenpie48,

I've raised this to Openreach for investigation. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

Message 4 of 12

Hi magenpie48,

We'll need to raise this to Openreach for investigation. I'll let let you know when I've done this 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Sorry for delay in replying - Internet keeps dropping out!

Have plugged a corded phone directly into into the main test socket with router completely disabled and disconnected.  Still vaying levels of crackling from background to deafening!

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi magenpie48

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault with the landline service, and this can affect the BB connection.

Just to confirm, is the noise on the line still present if you test with a corded phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Thanks very much !!

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

I'll escalate this issue as it doesn't look like the team here managed to reach this post on Friday, they will be back on Monday and will hopefully be able to help more then.

magenpie48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

No change to situation.  Internet still dropping out randomly and when connected only maxing at less than 20Mps download speed before dropping out again. Phone not usable because of constant crackling. Connection not reliable enough to fully complete TT troubleshoot run-through.

Please might someone just test the line from the TT end?

0 Likes

magenpie48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Tks for your reply.

Yes, I have tried to run a TT live test most of the way through on 2 occasions, before the Internet dropped out before completion!

Also tried two separate TT router with ‘new’ filters, and the house phone directly into the test socket all with exactly the same results. The crackling phone varies from mildly annoying to deafening.

I await developments and thank you for your time.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @magenpie48,

Have you tried to 'Run a live connection test' from the Service Centre to see if it detects any faults ?

Have you tried the router and phone (via a microfilter) in the test socket within your master socket (if your master socket has a test socket) ?

Can you still hear noise on the phone if you just plug the phone directly into the test socket ?

If the phone line is noisy then this can often have an affect on your broadband service too.

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes