cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Iptv

Mohyieldin Hassan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 50 of 50

Good morning all

I have a problem with my IPTV, for more than 72 hours. 

It seems like it had been blocked from your side, because it work excellent from my mobile data network. 

I hope you could help me with this issue. 

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 21 of 50

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk ,

Yes, rebooted this morning. Problem maintains, from TalkTalk line the connection simply times out.

Can you do a trace from your end to see why this connection is being dropped?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 50

Hi ruiengana,

How are you getting on, have you managed to reboot the router?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 50

I would wait the other way around.  😉

EDIT: oops!

0 Likes

Message 24 of 50

Yes, did get a window to confirm and can see the setting is now turned off.

Can't reboot router now, but will do so later... just want to get this sorted!

While I try this solution, any update from TalkTalk regarding investigating why that IP address is being dropped?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 50

Did you get a pop up window to confirm? Have you tried rebooting the router again?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 50

Disabled Scam Protection but still get same result... connection is being dropped somewhere TalkTalk side.

@Michelle-TalkTalk / @Chris-TalkTalk can you please help?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 50

Might be an idea. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 50

Kids Safe - Off

Scam Protection - On

Homework Time - Off

Virus Alerts - Off

I can try to disable Scam Protection to see if that affects in any way...

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 50

@ruiengana Do you have any HomeSafe settings turned on?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 50

Hi @ferguson, I don't have BitDefender running, I am very positive that issue is not related to my device because I can perfectly access same URL when using a different Internet Service Provider on same device. Somewhere along TalkTalk line this connection is being dropped.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 50

Have you tried accessing the site in Safe Mode? Do you have BitDefender running? 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 50

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk

sure, here you go.

ruiengana_0-1643893158176.png

PS: I don't have a Proxy nor Firewall in my laptop blocking this request. It works fine when I am connected to a different ISP.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 50

Hello,

Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the specific message that you see when you can't access this site? (Please do not post any personal information)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 50

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk / @Karl-TalkTalk , 

Just got back from IPTV provider and they are not reporting any issue with the service or channels in question.

I guess this was expected since I can confirm IPTV service is working as expected when going through other internet service provider.

Can I have a statement from TalkTalk regarding why I am being blocked to connect to http://5.101.146.210/auth/redacted?

Thanks

Rui

0 Likes

soufianeuk
First Timer
Private Message
Message 35 of 50

Hi TalkTalk- the same issue here and this is very frustrating. If it helps, there are 2 types of stream formats from the my same IPTV server:

1- streams with extension *.ts  ==> STOPPED 3 days ago

2- streams with extension *.mp4 ==> still working

Thank you

Sof

0 Likes

Message 36 of 50

Hi Chris,

I've done that and waiting for their response.

Meanwhile, can I get some explanation from TalkTalk why I am being blocked for opening http://5.101.146.210/auth/redacted ?

I can open it without any problems over my Mobile Network.

PS: Just to be clear, the response to above URL is a 404 because the correct path was redacted, but at least I get a response. Over my TalkTalk connection this connection is dropped and request never responded.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 37 of 50

Hi ruiengana,

Could you try speaking to the app provider as Karl suggested, to see if they can help with the issue

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 50

Just tried to open one channel in my browser and the request that is being blocked is something like http://5.101.146.210/auth/redacted

Can you tell me which of the blocked websites from https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Blocked-websites/ta-p/2204638 is causing this request to be blocked?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 50

You can look to it from a different perspective like half of the channels are not working now through TalkTalk (but worked before) and all channels always work with different internet provider. From this perspective looks like something changed in TalkTalk connection, right?

How can I get hold of TalkTalk blocked IPTV lists?