cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Lag spike

Ben Kirkland
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I’ve recently been playing on my PS5 online (FIFA) and every single game I play I get hit by horrible lag spikes every 3 to 5 seconds. I’ve tried changing my DNS settings and other settings but nothing changes. When I test the speed it says I’m getting 65 MBps download and 10 MBps upload so I’m confused as to why I playing online is unbearable

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Ben Kirkland,

Is the device you are playing on connected to the router 'wired' or 'wireless' ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes