cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My devices list. Active Devices working as expected list. There are devices listed several times

TRAMSG
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

In my Devices Lists the same devices are listed several times (duplicate entries) 

1 How can I clean upthe list to show each device only once? 

2 How can easily identify which device is which?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

In the Advanced settings is the main device list. Click on them one at a time & look at the MAC address field, this uniquely identifies a device. You will need to try & find out the MAC address of each of your devices. They may show them in varying places, depending on the device & operating system in question. I can't help much with that part as they are your devices, not mine. Any that you can't find out, then I may be able to help if you give me a list of them. Once you know what device it is, you can update the friendly name field for it in the settings.

There is no way to remove old entries, there should not be any duplicates. Having said that, if the device is dual band & sometimes connects on the 2.4GHz band & other times the 5gHz one, there will be two MAC addresses involved on your device, one for each band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

My router is a 

Sagemcom-FAST5364

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi @TRAMSG 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. When you have answered the question about the router that you have, I will be pleased to help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

Which router do you have please? @KeithFrench - would you be able to offer any advice please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes