cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

NETFLIX THINKS I'M USING A VPN / UNBLOCKER / PROXY SERVICE?

gemmahurst86
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Can anybody help me with this please? This is the 2nd time my Netflix has done this. 
so when I’m connected via Wi-Fi, certain shows disappear. As soon as I disconnect and use my data, the shows come back. If I try then connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing play, it’s comes up with the proxy/blocker message. Sometimes it has also said “this title is not available in your area” 

last time it was only on my phone but this time it’s my tv too. Iv tried resetting the hub and my network settings on phone etc but it’s not working. 

G Hurst
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you powered the router down for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @gemmahurst86,

You could try leaving your router switched off for over 30 minutes, this will ensure you get a new 'session' in the street cabinet when you switch it back on. This might help if there is something strange about your current session that is causing this behaviour.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes