cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New To Broadband and Talk Talk

ellab
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 45

This is my second time of posting - not sure what happened to my first post, so I'll try again.  If the first one does make an appearance, I'll be sure to delete this one.

I recently moved over from Shell Energy to TalkTalk.  I only ever had the phone package with Shell.  I've never had a Broadband Package,  TalkTalk don't do phone only so they offered me a good deal to stay with them and take out Broadband.

The router arrived on Saturday and my daughter came today to install.  After 3 hours, all we got was an orange flashing light - no connection.

I live in a 1960s type house that has never had broadband.  The phone line is old and I think something was done to it in the 1980s/90s to allow me to use a modern type phone - phone line has been OK for all these years.

Today I spent around 95 minutes on a support call to try and resolve the flashing orange light - but no joy - and still no internet.

My question, does this need to be activated, in there a switch on at some exchange?  Would this have been done when TalkTalk sent out the router to me?  Am I missing some sort of activation?

A basic line test  was done and this was OK - I just can't get the router to move off of the flashing orange light and make a connection.

I am asking in the forms in the hope that this could be something really basic.  I have no idea.  I will escalate to 2nd line support if I can't get any help, but just looking for some ideas.

Thanks for reading.  

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

ellab
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 45

Hi all

The saga continues, here is the latest. 

I am unable to cancel the contract as I was switched over from Esso Energy.  

After speaking to over 23 different chat agents, yes 23, they have at last determined that I need an Open Reach engineer. It's only taken 8 hours of chats, 23 different agents and an email to the CEO.

OpenReach are coming on Wednesday to hopefully sort the connection to the property. Fingers crossed this will provide the solution but I'm not holding my breath!

I'll send an update once they've been. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 45

Hi,

I understand and I'm really sorry. I hope everything goes well with your new ISP.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 45

Whilst I appreciate your response - you'll see that I have raised this already to the Shell Migrations Team and escalated this to management. 

I was supposed to get a call last night between 5.00pm and 5.30pm - that never happened!!

My message on Sunday was supposed to have been escalated as a complaint, again that never happened!!

Perhaps you'll now understand the frustration due to the lies, we as customers, are being told.  

I have the chat transcripts and I will be taking this to the top at some point today.  

Sorry TalkTalk - as a migrated customer, I had no choice in moving to you, but as you can't provide the service I was promised I'm off!!!

0 Likes

Message 24 of 45

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this to the Shell Migration Team and have asked if they can contact you ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 45

I've just spent another 1 hour and 30 minutes on the chat service - speaking to over 8 different advisers - none of whom could assist.  Still no engineer and now that it's been escalated as a complaint I've to wait 2-3 days for a call back!!  This is insane. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 45

This email has just been sent

No idea what it means and someone somewhere needs to be checking the grammar. 

I think I've reached the end of the line!!!

IMG_20240930_160747.jpg

0 Likes

Message 27 of 45

Just tried your chat service again to be told there is no complaint raised and nothing in my notes.  It's a good job I had the chat transcript saved.  I now have no choice but to raise this with management.  What an absolute nightmare this has been!

0 Likes

Message 28 of 45

I can only apologies, I know this must be frustrating, we would usually just book the engineer ourselves but we have to refer Shell migration customers to the migration team.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 45

I raised a complaint yesterday after almost 2 hours of chat, disconnections on the chat, passed from pillar to post.  Hence the reason I thought I'd give the forum a try.  Looks like no one is interested.  Once you have our money, we are just forgotten about.  I think I'll take my business elsewhere.  This has been ever so frustrating.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 45

I'm really sorry about this but could you give them another try and if you would like us to raise a complaint on your behalf please let us know. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 45

Thanks but it was the Shell Migration Team I was on to yesterday for over 95  minutes and I got absolutely nowhere with them.  Is there  a complaints process I can follow?  This is getting worse by the minute.  I'm paying for a service I can't use.  I've had to move out my home for care as my daughter can't connect to the internet at my home.  What a shambles!

0 Likes

Message 32 of 45

OK, thanks for the information, I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Unfortunately the assistance that we can give to Shell migration customer is limited, there is a dedicated migration support team, please give the team a call on 0345 172 0088, they'll be able to help. It looks to me as though an engineer visit will need to be booked but they will have to do this.

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 45

It's a Non NTE one as previously mentioned I told the adviser this on the support call yesterday.  We opened the socket but there was no test socket inside.  There is another socket upstairs and again no test socket on that one, again this in  Non NTE

Up until this morning router was connected to the main socket via micro filter.  I disconnected the phone upstairs as only one micro filter was included in the box.  I have reported that too - as according to the instructions there should have been 2. 

Hope this helps.  If I'm being honest, this is turning into a complete nightmare and inconvenience.  I'm within my cooling off period, I may be cancelling the whole lot!

0 Likes

Message 34 of 45

Thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have in your home? Could you take a look at the following help article and let me know which type of master socket you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Do you currently have a telephone and the router connected to the master socket via a micro-filter?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 45

Yes phone service is working fine.  I was able to make and receive calls today and yesterday - and have been for over 40 years.  

Just to give a detailed description - the orange light flashes quickly on start up - then after a few minutes the flashing slows down and continues at a steady pace  - yesterday it was running for well over 3 hours and nothing - today just over 45 minutes and again nothing.

My main phone line doesn't have a master test socket - so I am unable to attach anything there.  That was another suggestion.

I've switched it off.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 45

OK thanks. Just to confirm, is your telephone service working OK, is there a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 45

My daughter has just tried again  and still just a flashing orange light. She was supposed to be here to help me and log on to the internet to work here but as she can't, I now need to move in with her.

What else can be done to sort this out?

I won't be at home to do any tests today.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 45
0 Likes

Message 39 of 45

Sorry I meant my message on here not an actual email - my apologies for the wrong terminology.

Message 40 of 45

@ellab, where did you send the email?

The notification emails that come from the forum are from a No Reply address, so nobody can read them.

Just follow up on this thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes