cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New To Broadband and Talk Talk

ellab
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

This is my second time of posting - not sure what happened to my first post, so I'll try again.  If the first one does make an appearance, I'll be sure to delete this one.

I recently moved over from Shell Energy to TalkTalk.  I only ever had the phone package with Shell.  I've never had a Broadband Package,  TalkTalk don't do phone only so they offered me a good deal to stay with them and take out Broadband.

The router arrived on Saturday and my daughter came today to install.  After 3 hours, all we got was an orange flashing light - no connection.

I live in a 1960s type house that has never had broadband.  The phone line is old and I think something was done to it in the 1980s/90s to allow me to use a modern type phone - phone line has been OK for all these years.

Today I spent around 95 minutes on a support call to try and resolve the flashing orange light - but no joy - and still no internet.

My question, does this need to be activated, in there a switch on at some exchange?  Would this have been done when TalkTalk sent out the router to me?  Am I missing some sort of activation?

A basic line test  was done and this was OK - I just can't get the router to move off of the flashing orange light and make a connection.

I am asking in the forms in the hope that this could be something really basic.  I have no idea.  I will escalate to 2nd line support if I can't get any help, but just looking for some ideas.

Thanks for reading.  

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Sorry to read about these complications.

The support team here will be glad too look into this for you. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.