cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New To Broadband and Talk Talk

ellab
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 45

This is my second time of posting - not sure what happened to my first post, so I'll try again.  If the first one does make an appearance, I'll be sure to delete this one.

I recently moved over from Shell Energy to TalkTalk.  I only ever had the phone package with Shell.  I've never had a Broadband Package,  TalkTalk don't do phone only so they offered me a good deal to stay with them and take out Broadband.

The router arrived on Saturday and my daughter came today to install.  After 3 hours, all we got was an orange flashing light - no connection.

I live in a 1960s type house that has never had broadband.  The phone line is old and I think something was done to it in the 1980s/90s to allow me to use a modern type phone - phone line has been OK for all these years.

Today I spent around 95 minutes on a support call to try and resolve the flashing orange light - but no joy - and still no internet.

My question, does this need to be activated, in there a switch on at some exchange?  Would this have been done when TalkTalk sent out the router to me?  Am I missing some sort of activation?

A basic line test  was done and this was OK - I just can't get the router to move off of the flashing orange light and make a connection.

I am asking in the forms in the hope that this could be something really basic.  I have no idea.  I will escalate to 2nd line support if I can't get any help, but just looking for some ideas.

Thanks for reading.  

0 Likes
44 REPLIES 44

Message 41 of 45

OK thanks (you don't need to activate anything)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 45

I haven't had time to check - my daughter will be coming today to have a look.  I was expecting a response to my email about activation etc.  No one yet has responded. 

Thank you

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 43 of 45

Hi ellab,

Just to confirm, is it still not working today?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 45

Sorry to read about these complications.

The support team here will be glad too look into this for you. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.