cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New customer being lied too

Spark232
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hello. I have recently moved to TalkTalk fibre because they where offering incredible value broadband and I could get higher speeds for the same price as my old broadband. I am honestly shocked at how I am being treated currently. My activation date is today and I don't have my router. Which is fine. It happens. The problem is That I messaged them on Wednesday as I was concerned I didn't get any email or anything saying that the router was on the way even though I ordered it the week prior. I was told that it is on it's way and it would be in 3-5 days. I also discovered through this conversation that my engineer appointment was the wrong date from my email which again is fine it's just I wouldn't have known had I not got in contact with them which is concerning. So the next day I was having a think and thought I should maybe call instead as it would be better to talk directly to someone. I sat on the phone for 38 minutes before I got through to someone and they just hung up on me instantly after I told them I was inquiring about where my router was. So I called again and waited another half hour and this time I didn't get hung up on and was told that all the information that I was told in webchat was correct. So I left it until Saturday and thought I would message them asking for a status update where I was told that it still hadn't been sent out and I would have to wait 2-5 days. I have now just messaged them again because my old internet has been cut as this is the go live date where I have been told that the router STILL hasn't been sent out and I will get it in 3-5 days. This is the biggest Joke I have ever had to deal with from any service provider before. What is going on? What do I do if I message at the end of the week and it STILL hasn't been sent out? Why should I believe them this time that it has been sent out? Why did I get lied to in the first place 3 times?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Spark232,

Thanks for updating your profile. I've checked and our systems show that the router was dispatched yesterday so you should receive it either today or tomorrow, apologies for any confusion

Chris

0 Likes

SpudNice
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Stay away talk scam are the worst isp i have ever been with.

Use anyone but them. 

I did not choose Spud life. Spud like choose me ✌️
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Spark232,

The support team here will be back in the morning, and will hopefully be able to get you some answers and get this sorted out.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Updated!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Have you been provided with a FTTP order number please? If so then please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes