cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for 5 days (since 09/12/22) and no help so far from Talk Talk

Emma_p
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Our internet went down on Friday morning (09/12/22)- router light is red/orange and flashing but the open reach box lights are all green, and after a few hours back and forward troubleshooting with the online chat it was deemed that it needed logging for further investigation and we were told we would get a response in 24-48 hours. 

This is a vital service for us as we both WFH.

Having heard nothing we tried the chat again on saturday morning to be told that we'd have to wait for a call from our "case manager" which could take 2-5 days (unacceptable)?!? And this doesn't include weekends! We had also asked if in the meantime a replacement router could be sent to see if this was the issue (with us happy to send it back if it made no difference!) and again- it with the case manager and will need to wait for their call.

It is not gone 3pm on 13/12 (over 48hrs) and we have still heard nothing!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 15

Hi Em,

Glad to hear the new router has resolved the problem. Yes could you send the old router back, if you don't have a returns bag please let me know and I'll arrange to send one.

I've checked the fault ticket and at the time the the text was sent someone in our network team was checking the line, they confirmed that the router was now authenticating and that a new router had been sent. They registered the fault as faulty CPE (faulty router). So it was noted that the router was faulty, the text message is just an automated generic message that's sent when the fault is resolved, apologies for any confusion.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi,

To confirm, the replacement router arrived and was set up Friday evening. This appears to have resolved the issue and connection has remained stable over the weekend.

Do you need us to send the faulty one back?

Also as a side note, we got a text and email late Saturday afternoon (over a week since the original issue was reported) to say you had done some work on the line which had now resolved the fault... can I point out that this is incorrect as at every stage of this painful process it was confirmed that the line was fine and it has only been resolved by our perseverance to get a new router and your help via this board to get that to us. We have had no other form of communication from anyone and then you send us messages that are untrue- very poor service. We would appreciate this being fed back to whoever manages your fault tickets.

Thanks

Em

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Emma_p,

The router was dispatched on the 14th and it will be delivered by Yodel, as Skynet_TX said. If you still need the tracking number please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 15

Hi @Emma_p,

The support team will be able to confirm tomorrow, but I believe it will be Yodel, and you should get a text or email from them on the day of the delivery containing tracking details. Replacement routers tend to arrive within a day or two of being sent.

Message 5 of 15

Hi Debbie,

Just a quick question, could you confirm the courier being used and send us the tracking number for the delivery?

Thank you 😀 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Em

Thank you 🙂 and apologies again for this fault.

Debbie

0 Likes

Emma_p
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 15

Hi Debbie,

That's brilliant, thank you!! Fingers crossed it solves the problem!! We will confirm once we've got it and tried.

Thanks

Em

Message 8 of 15

Hi Emma

Thanks for your reply. The router is on its way.

Please allow 48hrs for this to arrive, we use a courier to deliver this.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router connected.

Thanks

Emma_p
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 15

Hi Debbie,

Yes please that would be brilliant!! That is what we have been asking for since Friday so would be greatly appreciated! Assuming it will not come by Royal mail?? (please don't use them, we are desperate!!) and will it contain a returns label/bag for either the new one if it makes no difference or the old one if it is indeed faulty?

Thank you so much!!

Emma 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Emma

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear. I can send you a replacement router today to rule this out, will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 15

Thanks, the support team here will reply by posting in this thread, hopefully tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Details updated as requested. Contact can be via this board.. email.. or one of the 2 mobile numbers in the profile.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi @Emma_p,

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes

Emma_p
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Case ref is REP-12229675

0 Likes