cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Trying to cancell contract

silnygeralt
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi, i tried to call you 3 times, just to been told there is no need for 30 days notice period. Now im calling on day that my contract ends just to been told i need to give you 30 days notice period. Im cancelling my direct debit as i wont loose anymore time with you on phone.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Sorry that you are unhappy.

Are you moving to another provider?  if so they will take the line and your account with us will be cancelled.  

Otherwise you will need to call us, or the account will remain open, cancelling the direct debit may cause more problems such as admin charges, effect on your credit rating etc. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Cancellations cannot be processed via the forum.

You need to phone and speak to the loyalty team.

Also you should never cancel a Direct Debit as it can cause you all sorts of issues later on including penalty fees being added for late payment and it may affect your credit rating too. You are covered by the DD guarantee so should get your money back if valid.

Loyalty Team details.

0345 172 0088 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).