cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet- day 10

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 85 of 85

I’m at my wits end. I work from home so have had to take a weeks leave. First of all said my router was the problem- charged me for a new one but still no internet. Booked an engineer to come- nobody turned up- according to the system they came and set up my equipment- they must’ve been a ghost then! The message confirming the booking said I would be charged £65 if I wasn’t home for the visit- does that mean talk talk will pay me £65 then as nobody came??. I have rung or done a chat every single day only to have to go through the same thing over and over and being told something different every single time . There was only one person who seemed to know what he was talking about and explained things clearly- he said there was a cloak around my internet which is why it wasn’t working and why he booked an engineer. Oh and then this evening, over an hour on a chat again in the process of booking another engineer and it went off- nobody rang me back.This service is appalling- can somebody please just fix my internet .

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 21 of 85

OK thanks. I'm sorry that you've been sent the same router again, this isn't the one I ordered. I've passed it over to our product team to see if they can offer any assistance. I'll let you know when I have an update. Apologies for any inconvenenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 85

It’s Huawei DG8041W

0 Likes

Message 23 of 85

OK thanks, could you let me know what the make and model number is on the new router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 85

Hi
My new router has arrived thank you. I have set it all up but still no internet access. I have changed the password to the one from the automated telephone line but still cannot see where it says 01 warehouse to change the username. It is exactly the same model router as the one I was sent last week 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 85

I've ordered a different model, so hopefully we'll be able to change the username and password to the correct one

Chris

Message 26 of 85

Hi Chris

Thank you- is it the same model etc as the one I was sent last week or a different one? If it’s the same one, will I have the same issue with the password?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 85

OK, I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but it's usually delivered next day

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 85

Hi Chris

If you think that’s best I’m happy to go with that thank you

0 Likes

Message 29 of 85

OK thanks. I think the best course of action is to send you a different router, are you OK with this (if I order it now you probably get it tomorrow?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 30 of 85

Hi Chris, I do have the old router- it was an aol one. I have tried my old router, I still could not get onto the internet with any device using it- I get the wifi but it says no internet available. I have also tried it using the enthenet cable and still says no internet - honestly I have tried everything 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 85

Hi Looji,

Just wondering if you still have the old router, if you have then we could give that another try.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 32 of 85

Sorry, not yet. I don't have access to an emulator for this router, or this router so I'm trying to find someone who has the router who can help

Chris

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 33 of 85

Hi Chris

Sorry to keep pestering you- I know you’ll have a lot more people than just me to help.Any update yet on changing the password?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 85

Thank you Chris- if you could I will be eternally grateful, I should be working now so I need to sort this asap

0 Likes

Message 35 of 85

Sorry, no I can't ring you. I don't have this router and so I can't check myself. I'll try to find out the correct path to the broadband username and password and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 85

Hi Chris

There are no headings or sub headings called connections. The only thing I could find was system management.Are you able to ring me at all?

0 Likes

Message 37 of 85

In internet settings is there anything that says connections?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 85

Hi Chris, I go into advanced internet settings- then down the side I go into the system management. There are lots of headings and sub headings and I have been into every single one I’ve tried to attach screenshots of the pages but it won’t let me put photos on here

0 Likes

Message 39 of 85

What pages show when you click on internet settings?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 40 of 85

From the home page I have the option of internet settings or wifi settings. I go into internet settings. I have been through every single page from there and there is nothing that says 01warehouse as the username- I’m really sorry I’ve been trying to find it since Friday and it’s just not there

0 Likes