cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet- day 10

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 85 of 85

I’m at my wits end. I work from home so have had to take a weeks leave. First of all said my router was the problem- charged me for a new one but still no internet. Booked an engineer to come- nobody turned up- according to the system they came and set up my equipment- they must’ve been a ghost then! The message confirming the booking said I would be charged £65 if I wasn’t home for the visit- does that mean talk talk will pay me £65 then as nobody came??. I have rung or done a chat every single day only to have to go through the same thing over and over and being told something different every single time . There was only one person who seemed to know what he was talking about and explained things clearly- he said there was a cloak around my internet which is why it wasn’t working and why he booked an engineer. Oh and then this evening, over an hour on a chat again in the process of booking another engineer and it went off- nobody rang me back.This service is appalling- can somebody please just fix my internet .

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 85

@Looji, there should be compensation paid when an engineer doesn't turn up, and once the loss of service is resolved. It does take at least a month to materialise:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 82 of 85

Hi

I’ve added my details

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 83 of 85

Hi Looji

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 84 of 85

Hi @Looji please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that the team can identify your account. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info 

Please don't post personal details here in the open 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes