cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet- day 10

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 85 of 85

I’m at my wits end. I work from home so have had to take a weeks leave. First of all said my router was the problem- charged me for a new one but still no internet. Booked an engineer to come- nobody turned up- according to the system they came and set up my equipment- they must’ve been a ghost then! The message confirming the booking said I would be charged £65 if I wasn’t home for the visit- does that mean talk talk will pay me £65 then as nobody came??. I have rung or done a chat every single day only to have to go through the same thing over and over and being told something different every single time . There was only one person who seemed to know what he was talking about and explained things clearly- he said there was a cloak around my internet which is why it wasn’t working and why he booked an engineer. Oh and then this evening, over an hour on a chat again in the process of booking another engineer and it went off- nobody rang me back.This service is appalling- can somebody please just fix my internet .

0 Likes
84 REPLIES 84

Message 61 of 85

Hi

OK, you need a device connected to the router's wifi, so you can use the phone as long as it is connected to the router. Can you see if you can connect the phone to the router's wifi using the details on the back of the router.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 62 of 85

Hi Karl

i don’t have wifi so I’m having to use 4g on my phone

0 Likes

Message 63 of 85

Hi

Are you connecting over wifi or from a wired device ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 64 of 85

Hi Karl

i have tried this but when I put this number into the browser, it won’t open the page

0 Likes

Message 65 of 85

Hi

To access the router, in the browser, type the address 192.168.1.1 

When asked for the username, this should be   admin

The password is on the back of the router under the wifi card.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 66 of 85

Hi Karl

Please see my last message - I am unable to access the router admin

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 85

Thanks Karl, I'll butt out now! 

0 Likes

Message 68 of 85

Hi @ferguson,

Just an FYI , and for anyone else reading this.  This customer is legacy, and not set as network authentication, this is one of the legacy circuits that requires username / password to be correct, and so the router has the default 01warehouse username, so a reset will not change this.  We can see authentication logs, but authentication is failing so fist step is to get the correct details in the router 🙂

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 69 of 85

I don't want to cross swords with Karl, but I reckon the next step will be to try that pinhole reset mentioned earlier, notwithstanding that it purports to be a new router.

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 70 of 85

Hi 

Its a black talk talk router DG80W1W Huawei

0 Likes

Message 71 of 85

Hi

What model router are you using ?

Thanks  

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 72 of 85

Hi

i have rung the number and obtained router user name and password which are different to the sticker on the box. How do I now access my router to put these details in. I have tried putting the IP number into a browser but it does not open the page?

0 Likes

Message 73 of 85

Hi

I'm showing the username / password is incorrect in the router and so not authenticating on our system.

Can you call the automated password line from your home phone and make a note of your username & password.

The number is :   0345 1720 049

Remember, the password will be capital letters and numbers.

Enter these details in the router and we can then see if it will authenticate.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 74 of 85

Hi 

yes it’s a TalkTalk Router

0 Likes

Message 75 of 85
0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 76 of 85

Hi Debbie

No, this is a new router that I was made to purchase that came on Monday . 

0 Likes

Message 77 of 85

Hi Looji

Thank you. One last thing I need to check, have you recently factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 78 of 85

Hi Debbie

The router has now been off for 30 mins and is now back on

0 Likes

Message 79 of 85

Hi Looji

Thank you. Could you power down your router for a full 30 minutes for me and then post back on this thread once the router has been switched back on again?

Debbie

0 Likes

Looji
Conversation Starter
Message 80 of 85

@Gliwmaeden2  Thanks so much for this- really helpful 😊