cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

NordVpn Sock5

Emneth Design
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi folks

Can someone from TT please tell me if the Nordvpn socks5 servers are blocked? I use socks5 proxy for legal business file torrents and until yesterday I was using another proxy service which suddenly stopped so moved to nordVPn and while all the settings are correct nothing moving at all.

Spoke to Nordvpn and they say its a talktalk issue?

I am about to reset the router but thought I'd ask what's gong on first?

Using FAST5364 3.00 SG4K100136

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Emneth Design

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

It's a new/different version but the next version they roll out will have the fix for this VPN issue.

Thanks

Debbie

Emneth Design
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Thanks once again Debbie - that change in the firmware appears to have done the trick 🙂 Was this a firmware "downgrade" to a previous version or a newer "fixed" version (not that it matters if it works it's just in case it happens again) 🙂

Appreciate the help.

Andy

Message 3 of 9

Hi Emneth Design

The firmware has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Emneth Design

I will do the firmware update now, you shouldn't need to reset the router. I will post back here once the FW has been updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Emneth Design
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Good afternoon Debbie - I was about to reset the router first - should I bother or just go with the change to the router firmware you mentioned?

Message 6 of 9

Hi Emneth Design

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware. When would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted, whilst we update the FW. The update should take no longer than 15 minutes.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Emneth Design
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thank you I've now done this.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks