cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Outage

Sooty2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

No service in Newbiggin by the sea, TalkTalk as helpful as ever

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

The engineer when he arrived confirmed the issue wasn’t with the router it with the exchange as the outage seems to have blocked the access from my router due to authentication which he immediately spotted. I’m now back with my system and now have all my devices reconnected 

Message 3 of 12

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. We'll check back in with you this afternoon to see how you're getting on and hopefully the engineer will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning, the new router was of no help at all, still zero internet after over an hour yesterday, an engineer is visiting this morning in the hope they can get it fixed. 
This is all very coincidental with an outage in the NE that occurred on Saturday night. 
Again we will see what the outcome is today

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hello,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on and if the replacement router helped?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on or if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

TalkTalk aren't responsible for fixing general outages that affect many people. This is down to openreach to fix.

TalkTalk can help with individual issues and I would guess they would have checked your line and finding no issues concluded it would be best to try a new router which they are sending.

If your line is found to be faulty again it's an openreach issue and would be referred to them to fix.

Such is the nature of technology these days that nothing can be fixed instantly.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Can’t speak for the whole town obviously, outage began last night at 2130, the website is of little use and having just dealt with online customer agents, apparently my router is the problem. They are sending a new one but it is very coincidental that my broadband failed at the same time as a broadband outage was reported 🤷‍♂️. Customer service is very very frustrating and not actually speaking with someone has raised my stress levels.

guess when I receive the new router, it’ll either work or it won’t 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

@Sooty2 ,

Are you saying the internet is down for the whole town?

Unfortunately, staff on this forum generally don't work weekends so you probably won't get a response from them here until Monday at the earliest. Live chat and telephone support should be available today to report the fault.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Have you checked the service status here? https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service

Have you reported this via phone or chat as this forum is supported by staff during normal office hours Monday to Friday.

If you wish to chat online, there is a link on this page.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/articles/our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Or Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes