cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN Not working

Cassie90
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Good afternoon, my IT has confirm we have a PPTP VPN server at work and I'm unable to connect to work from home. I have called numerous times and no one has actually provided a solution that works and have been hang up the call a few times. 

So from reading this forum I either need an update of my firmware  like this person had

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/VPN-stopped-working/td-p/2889120 

Or like this other person I would need a new router as i have the exact same problem

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/PPTP-VPN-Outbound-stopped-working/td-p/2838346 

Router is - Sagemcom FAST5364 3.00

Please advise as this is getting urgent and fustrating knowing is a well knowed error with your routers and no one within the company seems to be able to help

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Cassie

I have posted on your other topic to advise the below:

Hi Cassie90

I have made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi, I just received a new router and I have the same problem again. Can this please be looked into as a matter of urgency as I need to be able to work from home? Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi @christinewilkinson1960

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

good morning,

i have a problem getting into my work computer i believe its talk talk that are blocking the pptp vpn, please can i log this an an urgent matter

Thanks

CHRISTINE WILKINSON
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Morning,

How are you getting on? Is the connection now ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Cassie90

Thank you 🙂

The firmware has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Debbie,

you can do this now as I'm not currently at home

Message 8 of 12

Hi Cassie90

Thank you. I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to keep the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

hi Debbie, this has been added 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi Cassie90

Apologies for this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

This requires a manual change of firmware, that only TalkTalk can do via this forum.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?