cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN Stopped Working on Sagemcom Router

harbolsm
First Timer
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Please help! Starting today I couldn't connect to my work's PPTP VPN and have seen other posts were it looks like they need new routers. I have to work from home and my IT support says it is nothing on their end and is an issue with the TalkTalk router. I called TalkTalk and they sent me a link for using a router and VPNs it did nothing but direct me to factory reset. This has all been done and nothing is working. I have broadband and the VPN did not work through WIFI or Ethernet connection.

Chris
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

Can I also just ask, is this a microsoft VPN?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi harbolsm

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 10

Yes please!

Chris

Message 4 of 10

Hi harbolsm

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will need to send a different make and model of router. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Ok, that is the most common combination that seems to cause problems (firmware SG4K100130 and Windows 10 VPN). Best to just let the staff pick this up tomorrow, they will be able to help.

Message 6 of 10

I am using the built in Windows 10 VPN. 

Chris

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Ok, that version is brand new firmware for that model of router. I did think the rollout of that firmware was on hold, but maybe it has started rolling out again. Several customers have had issues with VPN access after their router upgraded to that version.

I was just wondering if you ran any specific VPN software on your computer to let you connect to work, or if you are maybe just using the built in Windows VPN. Customers who just use the built in Windows 10 VPN seem to often be affected by VPN issues with this new firmware.

But anyway, the staff here will be able to pick this up tomorrow, if they believe your problem has been caused by your router upgrading to the new firmware then they may just suggest that they send you a new router of a different make.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

The version number is SG4K100130. I'm not sure what you mean by VPN software. If you need information about the VPN, I will have to contact my company's IT service desk.

Chris
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi @harbolsm,

If you browse to the router login screen (http://192.168.1.1/), what 'version' number does it show near the bottom of the screen (it will start with SG4K).

Also, what VPN software are you using ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes