cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Quality of Support

Patk1000
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi

Having been on Talktalk Full Fibre for about a year I have never had occasion to contact support and have had an excellent service.

So I move to Southport - no Fttp in my are or Virgin (the preferred ISP) so go with Superfast Talktalk.

Problem with activation see other post so contact support.

It would seem to me that you are put though to a call centre maybe in India ? the operator always follows the script and its about 20 mins before you even get to stating you problem, it would seem that the people answering the phone have not technical knowledge at all.

Asked to be escalated to a manager none on duty !!!

I am sure in 50 years of working in the IT Industry I have come across poorer support but cant quick think of when or where

The TT website says support 24/7 there is if you want to talk to a BOT that again takes 20 mins to verify who you are then say you need to take to a person ring back during normal working hours

My suggestion would be if you want a service for business purposes with good support then avoid Talktalk at all costs.

I would value any comments by Talktalk management

Thanks for listening to my rant

Pat.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Patk1000

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Patk1000
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

All working now than you so much for your help so very much appreciated 

Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that my colleague has posted on your other topic earlier today.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Patk1000 

A fault is a fault & it needs to be rectified. As per my post, just wait until tomorrow & TalkTalk will investigate this authentication issue for you. I have sent over a request for them to do so.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Though so many more people do now work from home, @Patk1000, Talktalk's liability and responsibility hasn't changed from the Ts&Cs that relate only to domestic/ ordinary residential use.

So read their Ts&Cs carefully. If you think you would need redress as a business user when things go wrong, you will not be covered. There are other contracts out there that are geared up specifically for business use.

So be careful how you use the term in this context.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

So are you saying don't use Talktalk to provide a service to WFH ?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

@Patk1000, Talktalk residential  / domestic contracts are not geared for business use.

Check the Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of any TT page for the specifics.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You will find that the support on here via the TalkTalk support staff is excellent, although they do not work the same hours as the call centre. They are UK based & do not work to scripts.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes