cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Replacement router

exasperated2021
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi

I have a router that needs continuing power cycling to recognise a printer.  I have worked out it is not the printer by attaching one Brother printer, one HP and then buying another HP printer!

Afte about 5 minutes of no use, the router stops talking to the printer and will only do so when it is power cycled.   I think this is a router issue, but happy to be wrong!

Cheers

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

It could also be WiFi interference particularly if the printers only work on the 2.4GHz band. Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes