cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Manual configure router. Sagemcom FAST 5364

PiloTT
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I believe my router is faulty and want to replace it (to test) with an identical model router that has previously been used at another property.

How to I manually configure the replacement router to reflect my own account.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

JPGallagher
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

You don't need to configure anything, just plug it in and it should work if it's a TT branded box. I've switched between a Smart Hub and a Sagecom box and it worked with zero config.

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

No, the authentication is done between the router & radius server checking to see if your line is allowed onto the network.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 5

Thank you Keith. I presume somewhere in the config I will need to use some sort of customer username and network password to identify me as the account linked to the phone line/number and to log on to TT?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

There are many things that can be configured, as I have no idea how either one is configured, I can't tell you how to replicate it on your router. If you default the router from the other property, then it should work on your line. To configure the router anyway, open a browser to 192.168.1.1 and use the router username of admin and its unique password quoted on the label on the rear of the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?