cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Ring doorbell Gen 2 not working with Dlink Dsl-3780

De123
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I bought a Ring doorbell Gen 2 but it is not working with my Dlink Dsl 3780 router. The product works fine with other with my mobile data and other wifi networks. 
Talktalk customer service and technical team have not been helpful at all and blames the product which does not have any problems. 
Any advice on how to resolve this issue? 
I have also been waiting for talktalk to call for my complaint, however, nobody is calling at the time they said they will. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi De123

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi De123

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Keith,

Unless I've misread I don't think the issue is described as inability to connect to WiFi, I agree, if that is the issue then changing the MTU isn't going to help.  There's not much transmission going on if there's no network connection (-:.

If WiFi connection to the Ring is OK but it just won't work beyond that, then increasing the MTU has resolved similar issues for others, no guarantee here but it could be worth a shot.  However, a new router's on the way so maybe lets see how that goes...

All the best!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

I did respond on your other thread, not realising this was a duplicate. I doubt very much that any MTU settings will prevent this from connecting to the WiFi. 

If the newer router does not solve your problems then I will help you. Please can you give me the WiFi settings of this device? 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi De123

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think we should send a replacement router.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

@De123 If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

John_G
Problem Solver
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

A guess.  It could be that the MTU is too small on the router for the Ring and packet fragmentation is breaking things.

Could you have a look in the router's setting for MTU (it may be under "Internet Settings (WAN)" then "PPPoE/PPPoA").  Note the current value, in case you need to set it back, and then try 1500.

Good luck!

0 Likes