cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Blocking VPN

ellammtp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

My current router is blocking the connection between the VPN that my work uses and my work laptop. I am fully remote and am currently unable to work due to this issue. I have tried to get this resolved through customer services both online and over the phone which has been a waste of time and entirely unhelpful. I have seen on this forum as well as other places online that it is my router that is the issue and is causing this VPN problem.

Can this please be solved asap as this is not allowing me to work?

18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi @dylanh 

Please can you create a new thread on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

dylanh
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

Hi identical issue, work VPN not working on Talk Talk router, works when i tether to my phone, works when i go on public wifi, doesnt work on Talk Talk

Phone support from Talk talk a waste of time, telling me to reset the router and not understanding the problem

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi ellammtp

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

That looks like it has worked! Thank you so much again 🙂

Message 5 of 19

Hi ellammtp

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi ellammtp

Thanks for your reply.

I have asked our Devices Team to push the firmware update to your router and I will post back to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

That would be brilliant, thank you!

Message 8 of 19

Hi ellammtp

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will need to make a change to your firmware, can I do this now?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ellammtp
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 19

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

You fixed my VPN issue last year which has been fine until now. I've again been kicked out of the VPN for work and cannot connect on my internet. It works fine on all other internet connections except my talk talk wifi. Is there anything you can do to fix this again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 19

@pbrettoner the support team here will help you on the topic you have created yourself. I see you have created many duplicate topics for this issue. Please just stick to one topic, I will close the duplicates.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

I have the same problem, I have add my own request to this chat, but not posted as the system said send verification mail to my personal email to confirm, but I have not received this verification email, how do I proceed with my own request for firmware update?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi ellammtp

That's great, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

That has fixed it! Thank you so much for that.

Message 15 of 19

Hi ellammtp

All done 🙂

Please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

pbrettoner
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Hello Debbie. 

I too am having this same issue, the help topics tell us to switch off, restore, remove other devices, done all the mundane things to no avail.

My employer IT states that there is no issue with the VPN or settings, there is some issue with my phone provider, or hardware.  I can connect to the VPN serer through my mobile.

This has only happened today, up until Friday I was working quite nicely from home, with the daily exception of having to change my wi-fi channel to a less propular one (despite being told several times that channels are not 'Fixed', to popular channels to throttle them.)

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi, That would be brilliant. Now would be perfect if you can!

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi ellammtp

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware. When would be the best time for me to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This usually takes no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes