cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router needs daily reset

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

In the last week or so I started having issues with the broadband connection. This is most apparent during video calls, where I am cut out for a few times on every call.

I've kept checking broadband speed using both Google's tool and the TalkTalk one. Often, but not always after a video call incident both the download bandwidth and the upload bandwidth is below half of what I can get after a fresh reboot (5.12/0.8 Mbps, which is not stellar either).

In the last week I had to reboot the rooter at least once a day to mitigate the issue, sometimes it needed multiple reboots throughout the day.

I've tried the TalkTalk "SERVICE STATUS" page, it says "Your broadband isn’t keeping up with you." however the "Chat to our team" has never worked for me in either Chrome or Firefox.

From what I can see, it looks to me my router (D-Link DSL-3780) is dying or having serious issues. Could you replace it with preferably a newer model, this one is from 2013.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Damnshame
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Same issues my router needs resetting regularly 

I replaced the mesh Wi-Fi and same issues it’s definitely the router

once I switch off for 30 seconds and back on it is ok for a day or few hours and needs resetting again 

I can’t find the member for disconnection team 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi bl4ise

I'm good thanks. 

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂 If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie,

I hope you are well.

I wanted to get back to you on this.

I had received the router and installed it over the weekend. I don't want to jinx it but I haven't experienced any issues with video calls so far this week and I didn't need to reboot the router either.

I hope things stay as they are but perhaps we could cautiously conclude that this has resolved my issue.

Many thanks

Message 5 of 14

Hi bl4ise

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for looking into this - yes please, it would be great to sort this out as I am working from home and this interferes with my work.

Best

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi bl4ise

Sorry for the delay.

I think we should send a new router for testing so we can rule this out. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

I have one telephone socket in the flat, it has one port and no horizontal line. An ADSL filter is connected to the port and normally I only have the broadband router plugged into the ADSL filter. I only connected the phone temporarily just to test the phone line for you.

For the ADSL filter, this is the second one I am trying since last week, this second one seems perform just as the same as the previous one did. That is, it works fine for a while after a router hard reset and then maybe in a few hours I experience issues with video calls and often, but not always, the bandwidth is also reduced when I happen to measure it.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router and one telephone?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi Chris,

Just checked the phone line now, other than a few occasional crackling sounds it sounded reasonably clear.

Best

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi bl4ise,

Line test is clear and router is in sync at 6.1Mbps. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

bl4ise
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Chris,

Thanks for looking into this. I've added these to my profile.

Best

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi bl4ise,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes